Shadowrun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Shadowrun

Online gathering site for Shadowrunners.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Ghost World

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rgj20091014

‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Ghost World  Empty
PostSubject: ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Ghost World    ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Ghost World  EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:32 am

Talk about understatedly beautiful! This week’s episode of The Vampire Diarieshighlighted yet another town tradition: Illumination Night!

Frankly, I wasn’t thrilled about an episode devoted to bringing back guest stars, but these tertiary characters won me over with their truncated goodbyes, starting with Mason Lockwood (R.I.P. again).

While I didn’t miss Mason from last season, the levity he brought in this episode with Damon made me miss the bromance between Damon and Alaric. Back to the point, though, Mason’s unfinished The Vampire Diaries seasons 1-2 dvd boxset with Damon isn’t revenge, but redemption and Damon offered the best almost apology he could give to the dead werewolf.

Elena, on the other hand, is busy trying to find a way for Lexi (the only vampire friend known to have cured Stefan) to make contact with this world. When Elena asks Jeremy for help, her younger brother is a bit preoccupied with his ghostly ex to really give Elena the time of day.

Fortunately, Lexi finds Stefan first. True, smashing Stefan’s head against a car window isn’t the reunion hug I was looking for The Vampire Diaries DVD boxset , but it’ll do for attention purposes.

Lexi intends to rehabilitate Stefan by weaning him off of blood, but it’ll take more than one night for the good Stefan to surface.

Meanwhile, Bonnie and Caroline go back to the cellar, where Bonnie revived Jeremy from the dead. To solve this ghostly portal dilemma, Bonnie’s grandmother Sheila ("Grams") returns from the dead to help her granddaughter.

If you thought that that was all in the welcome-back-the-dead wagon, then you’re mistaken. Frederick and all the tomb vampires are back from season 1 to kill off the members of the Founding The Vampire Diaries DVD Set . From the looks of it, they’re already wreaking havoc with a public display of their first victim.

When Elena meets Jeremy at the Illumination Night celebration (the irony!), she tells Jeremy that they need to find the necklace that she usually wears in order to close the ghost world off from entering. If Damon doesn’t have the necklace and Caroline can’t find the necklace in the Salvatore mansion, who could have taken it?

Elena points her finger at Anna. When Jeremy defends Anna by trusting her, it turns out that Anna did take the necklace. Anna reveals to Jeremy that her loneliness, coupled with her not being able to find her mother Pearl tonight, has her wondering if there is such a thing as rest in peace, yet Jeremy reassures her that she will reunite with her mother.

One of the The Vampire Diaries DVD shows Anna finding her mother with the backdrop of the glowing blurry lantern decor, still hanging around town, even as all the ghosts have disappeared.
Back to top Go down

‘The Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Ghost World
Page 1 of 1